You can download a copy of the Forest School Parent Information Leaflet here.
What does my child need to wear?
- Outdoor/play clothing – they will get muddy – we encourage it!!
- Warm clothing (lots of layers, including extra pairs or thick socks)
- Hat, scarf, gloves (we go out in all weather)
- A waterproof coat / waterproof trousers (we sit on damp logs and the ground)
- Wellies are ideal if not, outdoor shoes or old trainers
- Long trousers
- UNIFORM TO CHANGE BACK INTO AT THE END OF THE SESSION
If the weather is hot:
- Sun cream protection
- Sun hat (preferably one that offers protection to the back of their neck)
- Sensible sturdy close toed shoes.
- Covered legs (no shorts)
- Spare socks
- Wellington boots
- Waterproof clothing Jacket
If you are unable to provide all the correct clothing for Forest School, please speak to your child’s class teacher. We do have some spare items that can be loaned to children. We will make sure all children are wearing the correct clothing before we go outside. Children will not be permitted to go outside if their clothes are not suitable for the conditions.