Welcome to Year 1’s Class Page. You can follow us on twitter @MrHunt1206
Dates for your Diary:
- Friday 21st September: Celebration Assembly
- Thursday 25th October : Bake Off TBC
- Wednesday 26th September: EYFS Open Day
- Thursday 13th December – Big Cultural Adventure Festival
- Friday 14th December – Homework due date
- Friday 14th December – Christmas Jumper Day
- Friday 14th December – Zone Assembly at 9am
- Wednesday 19th December – Class Christmas Party Afternoon
- Thursday 20th December – Christmas Performance at Rising Brook Church: time tbc
- Thursday 20th December – Break up – 12:00pm
We have started our new term with a whole school Big Multicultural Adventure, where the children have been experiencing the cultures of India, Morocco and Japan.
In year one we will be learning all about Japan and its culture. Pupils will get the chance to try Japanese food, learn about traditional dance and art. Our challenge this term is to hold a festival to share our Big Cultural Adventure and showcase all the fantastic work we have been doing. The festival will take place at the end of the term, further details will follow in due course.
Year 1 teaching team
Along with myself, Mrs Lea and Mrs Durham will be working with your children everyday. On a Wednesday morning Mrs Micklewright will be working with the class.
If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to come and speak to us.
This term, we will be doing gymnastics. Please ensure all clothing items and PE Kit items are named and PE kits are in school everyday.
This year our PE days will be Wednesday and Friday afternoons.
If your child wears jewellery, please make sure they are not wearing it on those days.
Every week your child will receive a set of spellings. They will be given out on Mondays, please practise these with them as they will have a spelling test in school the following Monday.
Homework is linked to our NICER challenge and will be with your shortly. It will also be available on our website.
Please read with your child, every day for at least 5 minutes. Children will also one getting their Mymaths logins to practise their maths skills at home.