At Rowley Park Academy, our PSHE curriculum is designed to reflect the needs of our pupils and the communities in which they live, and ensure they develop the skills and knowledge they need to live healthy, safe, fulfilled and productive lives.
Our PSHE curriculum is delivered through a combination of discrete lessons, lessons related to our NICER Curriculum, and through whole school events, assemblies and project days or weeks. These combine to ensure pupils develop the knowledge and skills to be able to:
• Understand what is meant by a healthy lifestyle
• Develop positive, respectful relationships
• Understand and value themselves and others
• Make informed choices regarding personal, economic and social issues
• Understand how to keep themselves safe, including online
• Be self-confident and aspirational
As you may be aware, Relationships, Sex Education and Health Education (Secondary) compulsory in all schools. Below you will see the link for our PSHE and RHE policy and some frequently asked questions.